Q1, 2020: Carlsbad, California (February 4 & 5)
This meeting was held from February 4th, 2020 to February 5th, 2020.
If you are a member company, click the button below to download a list of meeting attendees. Note: you will be required to authenticate to our intranet in order to download the list. It only contains names and companies.
Zac Shenkar of CBS Interactive provides a detailed look into how CBSi is solving critical technical challenges in streaming video.
Working Group Topics and Materials
Below are topics discussed during working group sessions as well as any supporting presentation materials and recorded videos.
Advertising Working Group
- Ad Monitoring PoC update and outstanding issues
- Discuss the poll results for the two project proposals; Ad-Break Signaling and Invalid Traffic
Edge Storage Sub-Working Group
Immersive Video Study Group
- Status of the VR PoC and next steps
Live Streaming Working Group
- Update/review of the current state of the Best Practices for Improving Live Streaming Latency document
- Discuss the poll results regarding approval of the Project Scoping template and interest in the three proposed scaling projects, then create a plan for how to move forward
Measurement/QoE Working Group
- Final review and feedback on the Best Practices for End-to-End Monitoring document
Metadata Working Group
- Kickstart meeting
- Identifying projects and topics to address
Networking and Transport Working Group
- Begin working on the 5G and Edge in streaming media document
- Continuing discussion on an industry standard way to talk to FPGAs
- IETF MOPS working group update
- Discussion around Multicast in different delivery environments
Open Caching Working Group
- Brainstorm session to begin working on the SVA Labs initiative, beginning with two APIs (to be decided by the group)
Not a Member Yet? Join Today!
If you’d like to be able to attend our member meetings and join in the working group discussions, joining is easy and only takes a few minutes. Once we receive your application, we’ll process it, get you into the system, and send you information about accessing our intranet where you can register for upcoming meetings.