Answered By

Boris Bogatin

Founder and Chief Strategy Officer

Why Did Siden Join the Streaming Video Technology Alliance?

We saw the work that the SVA is doing in Open Caching, and the way that the Edge Storage group is extending it into the home, and that aligns perfectly with our product and market approach. Given our deep expertise in developing a home caching solution and our extensive experience working with leading wireless operators and content partners to adopt home caching as an integral fabric of wireless home broadband, we believe we will be able to contribute meaningfully to the SVA’s efforts.

What Do You Believe is the Biggest Technical Challenge Facing the Streaming Video Industry the SVTA Can Help Address?

The reach of streaming video is limited by access to Home Internet. Less than 20% of the world has a wired Home Internet connection capable of supporting streaming video in the living rooms across TVs as well as other connected devices. This forces video platforms to create limited mobile-only offerings to reach the other 80%+ of global homes. Current wireless Home Internet offerings can expand connectivity but will not be able to deliver enough capacity to offer a full video streaming experience into the living rooms. Siden leverages caches placed in consumer homes, predictive AI to preposition popular content into the home caches, and underutilized wireless capacity to refresh the caches 24/7 without burdening the wireless network – the result is that we enable wireless operators to serve 100s of GBs of content offerings without burdening their RAN, leaving their RAN to handle only a small fraction of home traffic in real-time. We believe that this type of a home caching solution, which is Open Caching compliant, will enable wireless operators to offer Home Internet services comparable to fiber and cable home broadband. This will open up the opportunity for content owners to serve the same type of living room streaming video services up to 100% of global homes, irrespective of whether they have wired or wireless home broadband.

How Does an Organization Like the SVTA Bring Value to the Industry?

We believe that an organization like the SVA can have a meaningful impact in catalyzing wireless operators to adopt and cost effectively scale Home Internet offerings by working with Siden and other members. The SVA’s Open Caching work gives the industry an agreed-upon approach to creating high capacity wireless home broadband offerings, using an interoperable content delivery system and supporting high quality streaming video services across 100% of the world.

Boris Bogatin

Founder and Chief Strategy Officer

About

Siden is a cloud-based content distribution and wireless capacity expansion platform that enables wireless operators to offer robust home broadband over wireless networks at scale. With Siden, wireless operators can serve more homes with a better experience and streaming video platforms can reach more devices in more homes. Siden was founded in 2018 and is led by a fully remote and global team of experts in cloud, content, and wireless technologies. Learn more about Siden at http://www.siden.io/.