(roll over for info)
The working group is currently writing the document. This is a collaborative approach using Google Docs.
There are no SMEs associated with this project.
Goals and Objectives
- Provide a framework for communication of CDN request logs between Open Caching participants to satisfy billing and operational requirements.
- Clarify and extend missing functionality from the CDNI Logging Interface defined in RFC 7937.
- Allow batch push and streaming modes of operation in addition to the pull mode described in CDNI.
- Provide useful default and minimal configurations for the most common use cases, but allow custom configuration when the pre-defined configurations are not suitable.
- Extensions to the pull mode of operation described in RFC7937
- Log container/file formats
- Newline delimited records (\n, \n\r)
- Archive containers (tar) containing other log files
- Log record fields
- Standard log record types
- A standard log record type is a combination of a set of fields in a defined textual format (JSON, CSV, or whitespace delimited).
- A ‘minimal’ type optimized for data size, including only the fields necessary to perform billing functions.
- A ‘standard’ type with a set of fields likely to be useful for operational monitoring.
- An ‘extended’ type with an exhaustive field set likely to cover most operational and troubleshooting use cases.
- Field transformations to support obfuscation, truncation, hashing, and encryption operations
- Optional custom request and response header field inclusion
- Logging transports supporting both push and pull modes of operation
- Generic custom transport
- Custom container formats
- Custom log record formats
- Custom field definitions
The following members have contributed to this project. Click on their name to visit their profile. If they have not published their profile, the link will redirect to their LinkedIn profile.
- [OC-LIFS] SVTA Open Caching Logging Integration Functional Specification (2017)
- [RFC7937] Content Distribution Network Interconnection (CDNI) Logging Interface
- [RFC8006] Content Delivery Network Interconnection (CDNI) Metadata
- [RFC8008] Content Delivery Network Interconnection (CDNI) Request Routing: Footprint and Capabilities Semantics
- [RFC4287] The Atom Syndication Format