(roll over for info)
The working group is actively reviewing the project output. This could be a document, software code, or data from a lab test.
There are no SMEs associated with this project.
Goals and Objectives
- Provide a framework for communication of CDN request logs between Open Caching participants to satisfy billing and operational requirements.
- Clarify and extend missing functionality from the CDNI Logging Interface defined in RFC 7937.
- Allow batch push and streaming modes of operation in addition to the pull mode described in CDNI.
- Provide useful default and minimal configurations for the most common use cases, but allow custom configuration when the pre-defined configurations are not suitable.
- Extensions to the pull mode of operation described in RFC7937
- Log container/file formats
- Newline delimited records (\n, \n\r)
- Archive containers (tar) containing other log files
- Log record fields
- Standard log record types
- A standard log record type is a combination of a set of fields in a defined textual format (JSON, CSV, or whitespace delimited).
- A ‘minimal’ type optimized for data size, including only the fields necessary to perform billing functions.
- A ‘standard’ type with a set of fields likely to be useful for operational monitoring.
- An ‘extended’ type with an exhaustive field set likely to cover most operational and troubleshooting use cases.
- Field transformations to support obfuscation, truncation, hashing, and encryption operations
- Optional custom request and response header field inclusion
- Logging transports supporting both push and pull modes of operation
- Generic custom transport
- Custom container formats
- Custom log record formats
- Custom field definitions
- [OC-LIFS] SVTA Open Caching Logging Integration Functional Specification (2017)
- [RFC7937] Content Distribution Network Interconnection (CDNI) Logging Interface
- [RFC8006] Content Delivery Network Interconnection (CDNI) Metadata
- [RFC8008] Content Delivery Network Interconnection (CDNI) Request Routing: Footprint and Capabilities Semantics
- [RFC4287] The Atom Syndication Format