(roll over for info)
The project has been completed.
Goals and Objectives
- Analyze the data gathered and make recommendations for optimizing workflow components.
- Re-testing an identical VR streaming workflow after optimizations have been carried out.
- Comparison of the two data sets to identify the optimal changes that should be made to the VR streaming workflow for the least amount of latency.
- A defined test environment for an end-to-end VR streaming video workflow.
- A list of specific components and technologies which will be measured.
- Details of optimizations made to each respective workflow components (pulled from the document portion of this project)
- Data tables representing workflow components and their measurements prior to optimization.
- Data tables representing workflow components and their measurements after optimization (based on recommendations made in the document portion of this project).
- Testing of workflow components or technologies not explicitly defined as part of the testing parameters.
- Analysis of the data.
- Recommendations for remediation.
- An explanation of the testing environment and methodology.
- Detailed analysis of all results (before and after remediation).
- Recommended methods to improve latency in each workflow component tested based upon secondary testing of optimized workflow components or testing environment.
- Recommendations of any vendor technologies to reduce latency.
- Recommendations for latency remediation of workflow components not specifically tested.
The following members have contributed to this project. Click on their name to visit their profile. If they have not published their profile, the link will redirect to their LinkedIn profile.
- 360-degree Video PoC Details and Timeline
- Carlsbad F2F: VR Study Group Slides
- General Study Group Updates
- VR PoC and IBC Paper Updates
- VR Study Group PoC Results and plans for 2022
- VR Study Group Session Agenda and 5G Plans
- Streaming Video Alliance VR Trial (VRIF)
- VR Group SVA Lisbon Presentation
- VR PoC
- VR/360-Degree Video Study Group Session Slides
- VRIF Contribution to VR PoC