(roll over for info)
The working group is currently writing the document. This is a collaborative approach using Google Docs.
(DRAFT) SVTA1057: eXtended Reality (XR), Deep Dive into Emergent Technology and its Practical Value
The pace of XR innovation is snowballing and deployments are growing exponentially. But what is XR, what use cases is it solving, what new experiences is it providing and more importantly, how can CSP’s and Content owners begin to leverage and profit from it. XR (extended reality) is a catchall term for several different but related technologies. It rolls together similar acronyms like VR (virtual reality), AR (augmented reality), and MR (mixed reality). This document is intended to a guide for CSP’s and Content Owners who are contemplating deploying XR technologies to drive entertainment experiences.
Goals and Objectives
- Create a technical white paper that provides practical guide outlining
- XR Experiences
- Technologies and devices that support these experiences
- The Evolution of Standards that are required to deliver these experiences
- Convergence between xR and Entertainment
- The document will provide CSL’s and Content owners a good grounding in what is required to enable “Entertainment XR” as part of their business.