(roll over for info)
The project is actively being worked on.
Goals and Objectives
- Develop a comprehensive list of streaming industry glossary terms and definitions
- Develop a comprehensive list of key streaming video technologies such as protocols, codecs, architecture, and more
- Develop a comprehensive list of specs, standards, best practices, and other documentation produced by organizations
- Develop a comprehensive list of open-source components and technologies
- Create a website as the primary means to navigate and access the content (wiki)
- Remove offensive language from terms, definitions, and other content
- Identify a list of terminology relevant to the streaming video industry
- Identify sources of information, such as protocols, standards, and specifications, that should be included
- In the case of multiple terms for a single concept, recommend the adoption of one term
- In the case of multiple sources of information, recommend how to combine the information into a single entry
- Ensure that there is no offensive language in either the terms, definitions, or other content
- Develop a website to allow for easy searching and consumption of glossary terms, definitions, and other relevant content
- Rewrite adequate definitions or other sources of established content available in other locations (i.e., Wikipedia). Rather, this content will be referenced as source material.
There are no additional references or other required readings need to participate in this project.
There are no presentations associated with this project.