(roll over for info)
The project is actively being worked on.
There are no SMEs associated with this project.
Goals and Objectives
- Identify the different methods of CDN switching within the player
- Study the impact of client-side CDN switching on client’s rate-adaptation algorithm
- Identify pros and cons of server-side methods (such as DASH and HLS content steering methods)
- Identify opportunities for harmonizing the client-side solution with the server-side ones (such as server-guided steering)
- Develop an SDK for compatibility between the load balancer and the player framework
- Outline different methods for client-side CDN switching and explore the pros and cons of each
- Claim that this approach is the best or only method for CDN switching
- Recommend one player versus another beyond using a specific player for the purposes of testing the proposed solution
The following members have contributed to this project. Click on their name to visit their profile. If they have not published their profile, the link will redirect to their LinkedIn profile.
There are no additional references or other required readings need to participate in this project.