(roll over for info)
The working group is currently writing the document. This is a collaborative approach using Google Docs.
Goals and Objectives
- Provide an overview of contemporary piracy attacks and how they can impact operational efficiency and distribution expenses.
- Document the best practices to improve security of the CDN for streaming applications.
- Describe methods for ensuring the security of the playback and DRM license requests.
- Securing playback requests (Brief coverage only)
- Securing DRM license requests (Brief coverage only)
- Management of CDN content.
- Protecting CDN content from unauthorized access.
- Protecting the CDN from abuse.
- Best practice for multi-CDN operators, logging, and forensic watermarking.
- End-to-end security best practice for OTT streaming services.
- CDN performance.
- CDN availability (load-balancing/failover).
- Non-OTT streaming applications.