(roll over for info)
The project has been completed.
Goals and Objectives
- Creation of a document that can be used to provide a common understanding of digital advertising and the common technology and workflows used.
- Create the content in a way that it can fit in the SVTA University LMS and courseware system.
- Provide context for the earlier SVTA Advertising Working Group documents – for example, why is our End-to-End Ad Monitoring best practices an important document and what systems should it cover?
- Identify trends and issues that could set context for future SVTA Advertising Working Group initiatives.
- Lay groundwork for more advanced learning courseware around streaming advertising.
- Update the Advertising related terms and diagrams in the SVTA Streaming Industry References Wiki
- Introduction to Advertising
- Who are the players and what are their objectives?
- Streaming advertising: How we got here
- How streaming ads are bought and sold
- Streaming Advertising Technology
- Typical ad tech components
- Reference architecture
- How ads get inserted into Adaptive Bitrate (ABR) streams
- Phases of an ad campaign
- Ad Insertion basics
- Ad insertion dataflow
- Ad insertion methods: CSAI, SSAI, SGAI
- Ad insertion differences: VOD vs. Live/Linear streams
- Ad break signaling and ad avails
- Targeting & Measurement
- Key Considerations
- Monitoring and performance
- End user experience
- New ad formats
- Data and privacy
The following members have contributed to this project. Click on their name to visit their profile. If they have not published their profile, the link will redirect to their LinkedIn profile.